[b-hebrew] yorenu (again) in Sanhedrin 105

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:26:29 EDT 2008

Dear Gabe,

Third-person pronominal suffixes augmented with nun are attached to the
long prefix verb (the future/imperfective) and not to the short prefix
verb (the jussive). Consequently, a jussive rendering like "let his God
teach him" is completely out of the question. The word order of
subject-verb with the prefix verb is also generally diagnostic of
indicative vis-a-vis modal.

Regards,
David Kummerow.