[b-hebrew] yorenu (Isaiah 28:26)

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Mon Jun 30 09:09:45 EDT 2008

Harold,

Context, as we choose to understand it, may indeed suggest to us to
see YORENU as 'he will show him' rather than 'he will show us', but
it is still really not clear to me in what sense the "inserted" nun
"gives strength and sometimes emphasis to the verbal form". It is
really beyond me how a FORM [a meaning?] can be strengthened
[energizes?] by a lonely nun.

Isaac Fried, Boston University