[b-hebrew] bgdkpt (was: About Dagesh's)

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sun Jun 29 22:20:54 EDT 2008

Yaakov,

I will write B for the hard Hebrew bet, V for a soft bet, and W for
waw, and recall, in connection with what you are saying, the useful
latter-day override to the BGDKP"T rule: HIT-XAVER [not HIT-XAWER],
'he became friendly with someone', as opposed to HIT-XABER, he
hitched himself to something', both from the root XBR.

Isaac Fried, Boston University