[b-hebrew] Interchange of L/lamed with R/resh in Biblical Hebrew

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 05:43:21 EDT 2008

Dear Isaac,

Again you unfortunately display an ignorance of linguistics which allows
you to retain your etymological theories without modification. Of course
general linguistics can define meaning/semantics. In fact, I've repeated
to you the fact that phonemics articulates a coherent methodology the
results of which may be easily reproduced and/or falsified. I see no
such thing in your own approach; indeed, it would appear wholly subjective.

Sadly, your "ideas about the structure of the Hebrew word" do not
deserve careful consideration. As I've repeatedly demonstrated, your
method lacks a reliable linguistic basis. Since you've set out from the
beginning with an erroneous methodology and assumptions which have no
basis in linguistic reality, your results therefore have no basis in
linguistic reality. Your first mistake (other than getting skilled in
the linguistic methodology necessary to conduct a work such as yours)
was to attribute morphemic status to phonemes. This is the root of the
error and from this root grows everything else.

I guess I should take my own advice regarding the above and end my half
of the discussion here. My hope is that you will look into the
foundational problem with your method, correct it, and move on to more
productive and fruitful etymological work. You seem to have much time
and energy for such work which many people don't, and it would be
fantastic if you could contribute some worthwhile research that does
merit careful consideration.

Regards,
David Kummerow.