[b-hebrew] Interchange of L/lamed with R/resh in Biblical Hebrew

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Jun 26 01:54:02 EDT 2008

David,

I would love to discuss with you Hebrew etymology, but each time we
start you interrupt the discussion by lunging at me with the morpheme
the phoneme, and this thing called "phonemic and morphemic analysis".
I hope you realize that whenever you claim something to be a morpheme
you need to fall back on the definition and PROVE it to be so by
showing that it satisfies ALL posited conditions.
Hebrew etymology has nothing to do with linguistics. People have
analyzed the structure and meaning of Hebrew words for thousands of
years prior to the morpheme the phoneme and the phonemic and
morphemic analysis.

Isaac Fried, Boston University