[b-hebrew] Interchange of L/lamed with R/resh in Biblical Hebrew

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 22 23:43:14 EDT 2008

I would have thought that the more natural semantic antonym of `QR "to
uproot" would be NT` "to plant". There is nothing "obvious" about your
contrary claim. It makes little sense to have Isaac "planted" into the
alter. In any case, from memory I think that `QD is not so obscure in
that there are common cognates meaning "to tie, bind". There is nothing
lame about an English rendering "tied up" or "bound" if that is indeed
the case.

Regards,
David Kummerow.