[b-hebrew] About Dagesh's

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Fri Jun 20 17:36:55 EDT 2008

Yitzhak,

1. Anything said about the vocalization of ancient languages should
be taken with three grains of salt.
2. Foreign rendering of Hebrew names should be taken with two grains
of salt as we don't know what they heard, where, and from whom.
3. Unusual grammatical forms on isolated inscriptions should be taken
with a grain of salt as the scratcher may have been only semi educated.

Isaac Fried, Boston University