[b-hebrew] yamim or yamin?

Bryan Cox b_coxus at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 14:19:53 EDT 2008

Thanks, Ken, for the references.  Unfortunately, it will be a while before my next seminary library excursion (they're just far enough away that I have to plan my trips), and you would know that the online preview just happens to exclude page 13.

A brief summary would really interesting to me if you have the time for it.

Is this interchange of 'nun' and 'mem' in Hebrew due to the influence of Aramaic?  I wonder since it seems that the texts that contain this interchange of letters are relatively late.  Otherwise, I'd guess it's just because the 'mem' and 'nun' can sound similar and that corruption/confusion 'just happened' over time. Anyway, thanks again for the references.  I'll look them up when I next get the chance.

Thanks,
Bryan