[b-hebrew] Petropolitan Codex

Petr Tomasek tomasek at etf.cuni.cz
Wed Jul 9 02:50:05 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 06:44:33AM +0200, pporta at oham.net wrote:
> I'm interested in knowing where the Petropolitan Codex, which was written in
> the 10th century, is found today. I mean: country, city, institution where
> it is stored.
>
> It contains the Prophets. Maybe it is also known as "Babilonian or Babilonic
> Codex".
> Does anyone on this list know it?
>
> Pere Porta
> Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain)

It should be part of the Firkowitzsch collection in the National Library of Petrograd
with signature Evr. I B 3.

There is also a facsimille published in 1876 and reprinted 1971:

 The Hebrew Bible - latter prophets : the Babylonian codex of Petrograd = Prophetarum posteriorum codex Babylonicus Petropolitanus / ed. with pref. and critical annot. by Hermann L. Strack. - [Faks. der Ausg.] Petropoli, Ricker, 1876. - New York, NY : KTAV Publ. House, 1971. ISBN: 0-87068-111-7

Petr Tomasek

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>
Jabber: butrus at jabbim.cz