[b-hebrew] who called Israel rebellious ?

Yaakov Stein yaakov_s at rad.com
Sun Jul 6 23:51:18 EDT 2008

> Moses said "we", suggesting to people that the water was brought forth by himself and Aaron rather than God.

Vadim

I completely agree with what you are saying,
but this relates to the question as to why the sin was so serious.

I think that we see God hinting to Moses ahead of time NOT to fall into this trap.
In previous cases God tells him to bring MTK = your staff,
but here he says HMTH = THE staff.
By saying HMTH God is trying to tell Moses,
once the most humble of men, but after 40 years in charge apparently less so,
that the staff of leadership isn't promised to him for all time.

However, the point I was trying to make was about Aaron.
If it was Moses who said "we", is Aaron's sin only "in his heart" ?
Would God punish him so severely for sinning in thought ?

Yaakov (J) Stein