[b-hebrew] yorenu (teach US)

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 23:23:56 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Yitzhak Sapir wrote:
> Dear Gabe,
>
> I'm answering you because you still asked for my opinions on various subjects.
> But I'm getting the feeling that you just are insistent on your own personal
> interpretation and in this case I can only say I disagree and think you are
> misleading yourself in understanding the Talmudic passage.

I want to add that while I do think you are wrong, mistaken, and misled, and I
also personally don't see here room to agree to disagree, I do not want this to
be taken the wrong way.  I think any attempt to try to discern the deeper or
more complete meaning in such a passage is worthwhile, and like I said,
some passages may indeed be found to have a better and different meaning
than the traditional interpretation.  While I don't think this is the case here,
I think the very attempt at trying allows us to find those cases where it does
work out in the end.  Since you asked, I wanted to impress upon you just
how impossible I see your reading of the passage.  But it is is a free world,
and you of course can read it your way even if I think it is impossible and
incorrect.

Yitzhak Sapir