[b-hebrew] Hebrew grammar books

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 20:51:20 EDT 2008

Dear Isaac,

The discussion in Joüon-Muraoka which you refer to on the Piel is not so
much a quest at definition per se so much as an attempt at description
of the functions of the Piel. I fail to see how their work there is
arbitrary; indeed, you simply state this criticism without evidence.
Further, their statement on how the Piel relates to the other Binyanim
is an accurate reflection of scholarship on the Binyanim system; again,
you criticise without providing support for your position. I'm doubtful
whether you've surveyed any native speakers of BH who were school boys
to support your contention that the paradigmatic contrast between Qal
and Piel was entirely clear!

Regards,
David Kummerow.