[b-hebrew] code names in Numbers 13

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Tue Jul 1 20:14:09 EDT 2008

Yaakov,

Here are the names:

1. $AMU(A BEN ZAKUR.  A good listener and good at remembering what he
hears.
2. $APAT BEN XORI. Of good judgement and a noble father.
3. CALEB BEN YEPUNEH. CALEB  = C-EL-AB has nothing to do with dog.
Turns, like his father, to YA. Methinks that CALEB is a variant of
LEVI = EL-AB-HI). I also hold it possible that the L in LABAN, LE)AH
and RAXEL are also of such an indication.
4. YIG)AL BEN YOSEP. Good at extricating and deliverance.
5. HO$E(A BIN NUN. Trusts God for help.
6. PALTI BEN RAPU(. Good at sneaking and evasion.
7. GADIEL BEN SODI. Attached, )AGUD, to God and good at covert missions.
8. GADI BEN SUSI. Good with horses.
9. (AMIEL BEN GMALI. Good with camels.
10. STUR BEN MIKAEL. Good at concealing.
11. NAXBI BEN WAPSI. Good at hiding, namely NA-XBI).
12. G(UEL BEN MAKI. Trusts in God's might, GE)UT, but otherwise
modest, or not too tall, like his father.

Isaac Fried, Boston University