[b-hebrew] Genesis 21:14 "her shoulder yoke"

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 09:12:37 EST 2008

Reinhard Lehmann,

I think that there are many ways to translate Genesis 21:14 once you make "Hagar there" into "their being driven away", and I have one more guess. Maybe it says that Abraham took food and a container of water, "and he gave to their being driven out upon her shoulder and with (alef tav) the boy." Maybe he gave both of them food to carry, some on her shoulder and some with the boy. I am  not sure if it sounds ok in Hebrew.

Kenneth Greifer