[b-hebrew] Genesis 21:14 "her shoulder yoke"

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 26 19:13:16 EST 2008

I know that no one will agree with this next idea, but just for fun I think it is interesting that the words "Hagar" and"there" could be combined into "their being driven out" (niphal infinitive?) in Genesis 21:14.

It could say "and he (Abraham) gave to their being driven out her shoulder yoke and the boy's spade (alef tav)." So he could have given her food, water, a shoulder yoke, and her son's spade. I know people don't like to regroup the letters, but in this case it is interesting that the recombined letters fit the situation a little bit.

Kenneth Greifer