[b-hebrew] Genesis 21:14 "her shoulder yoke"

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:46:23 EST 2008

Could Genesis 21:14 say "...and he (Abraham) gave to Hagar there the yoke of her shoulder (her shoulder yoke?) and the boy..." ?

I saw on the internet that people used to carry heavy things on wood shoulder yokes, so maybe Hagar used one to carry her things when she was sent away by Abraham. I don't know if any translator ever translated it this way, or if it can actually say this or not.

Kenneth Greifer