[b-hebrew] Septuagint vs. Masoretes/75 vs. 70: How Many Hebrews DidJacob Lead into Egypt?

Jason Hare jaihare at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:30:01 EST 2008

  Bryant,

< In fact, the book of Hebrews uses all its
< quotes from the LXX. So there are no surprises here.

Either that or the text of the LXX was altered in later editions to
match the quotes from the NT. How do we know that the text of the LXX
matches what it used to be? We know for certain that Origen took
liberties with his text of the LXX to make it fit the NT. Where did the
texts of Alexandrinus and Vaticanus come from? What proof is there that
the verses quoted in the NT have not been altered to fit citations?

Thanks,
Jason Hare
--> Rehovot, Israel
--> English Teacher (Rishon LeZion)