K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 17:22:02 EST 2008

Bill:

On Jan 10, 2008 12:26 PM, Bill Rea <bsr15 at cantsl.it.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> I wrote:-
> >> You really ought to drop this line of argument. Its simply wrong.
> >> No one disputes Wellhausen's ideology.?
>
> And Karl responsded:-
>
> >I do. I read a PhD dissertation that does. I had professors when I was in
> >college who did. In fact, I consider this to be the most important
> >objection. It is a valid objection.
>
> Methinks thou art being deliberately obtuse. You are agreeing with what
> I wrote but trying to make it sound like you disagree.

You misunderstood me, I disagree with you and gave examples of others who
also disagree with you.

> >That's the difference: I was exposed to the ideology first, shown how the
> >ideology shapes the methodology and as a result, reject the methodology
> >first and foremost on the basis of the ideology still implicit in the
> >methodology. The same ideology is behind the splitting of Isaiah into two
> >or three portions, as well as the late dating of Daniel, and so forth.
>
> Thank you for finally saying this.…

"Finally"? This was my point from the beginning.

> … When I first read this, which was
> yesterday, it freaked me out. I have never met anyone who looks at the
> world this way. Its a free country and you are entitled to your views
> but don't ever expect anyone to take you seriously. I think our views
> of the world are so far apart that we are mutually unintelligible to
> each other. So I'm going to leave this thread.

There are others like me. If you should ever run into others like me, it may
be of help to look at
http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/Ways_to_recognize_what_is_a_religion and
http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/Hebrew_thought to try to understand how we
think.

> Bill Rea, ICT Services, University of Canterbury \_
> E-Mail bill.rea at canterbury.ac.nz                </   New
> Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax  64-3-364-2332        /)  Zealand
> Unix Systems Administrator                    (/'

Karl W. Randolph.