[b-hebrew] (no subject) YHWH

John Wilking jcwilking at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 12:17:00 EST 2008

Dr. Lehmann,

  Is there something that Diesel says that would be helpful and clarifying to my question, i.e., that YHWH might have the notion of supremacy?  Sorry, I don't know German.

  John C. Wilking

"Dr. Reinhard G. Lehmann" <lehmann at uni-mainz.de> wrote:
  As for ANI YHWH and related clauses,
it is indispensable to have a close reading of the important book by
Anja Angela Diesel, "Ich bin Jahwe". Der Aufstieg der Ich-bin-Jahwe-Aussage zum Schlüsselwort des alttestmentlichen Monotheismus, Neukirchen 2006, ISBN 3-7887-2138-3, (425 pages),
and also, by the same author,
Anja Angela Diesel, Jahwe (allein) ist Gott. Überlegungen zu einer Gruppe der sog. dreiteiligen Nominalsätze, in: KUSATU 5 (2004) 1-35 (which does not dispense from reading the 2006 book!).

Besides that, there is no discussion possible any longer that claims to be abreast recent scholarship!
Best,

Dr. Reinhard G. Lehmann
Akademischer Direktor
Research Unit on Ancient Hebrew & Epigraphy
Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz
Germany