[b-hebrew] to cause to destroy

Lew Reich lbr at sprynet.com
Tue Jan 8 23:57:21 EST 2008

Although the hiphil form usually means "causing an action to take place,"
for some roots it indicates only the simple action.  For this root, the
hiphil form means "destroy" or "cause to be destroyed,"  not "cause to
destroy."  In such cases, if you want to say that someone caused the action,
you have to spell out the concept and action in several words, as one might
do in English.

Lewis