[b-hebrew] to cause to destroy

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 22:24:54 EST 2008

The hiphil form of the verb spelled shin het tav means "to destroy", even though it could mean "to cause to destroy" (I guess). If someone wanted to say "to cause to destroy" would they use the hiphil of this verb which was not used for that meaning or some other verb that means "to cause to destroy" or is their some verb that means "to cause" that would be used with the hiphil form of shin het tav? I am confused about hiphil verbs sometimes meaning "to cause to do something", and sometimes not meaning "to cause to do something", and what happens when you actually want to say "to cause to do something" and the hiphil form of the verb doesn't mean that.

Kenneth Greifer