[b-hebrew] The root SLH

pporta at oham.net pporta at oham.net
Thu Jan 3 00:38:30 EST 2008

Pere,
I will give you a detailed answer, but first explain to me (no traslations
and no converses please!) what you think XALAH, 'ill', means.

We should study in detail the 75 issues in the Bible where verb XALAH
appears (in all forms and conjugations).
But taking as a model 1K 17:17, where a boy XALAH and ... died, I think
XALAH means (in qal) "to be weak, sick", as we read in dictionaries.
Now, I think all of us know (either in theory or in practice) what "to be
weak, sick" means: so no need of explanations on this...

Pere Porta

Isaac Fried, Boston university