[b-hebrew] Abraham, Sarah, Lot, etc.-Leviticus 18:7

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 1 13:47:54 EST 2008

Jim,

Recently you said that Leviticus 18:7 does not mean a daughter and father are not forbidden to each other, but only a son and his parents are forbidden to each other. I assume it is because the rule is given with "you" masculine singular. I asked you if that is the same as in the ten commandments where it also uses "you" masculine singular. Do you think women were allowed to break some of the ten commandments? So far, you must have forgotten to answer me, or you didn't notice my email.

Kenneth Greifer