[b-hebrew] Leningrad Codex and "Special Letters"

Brak Brak at neo.rr.com
Wed Dec 31 23:37:04 EST 2008

I am aware of the handful of instances listed in the WLC. But I am
looking for a complete list. The WLC only indicate the presences of a
handful of the large, small, and suspended letters - as well as the
inverted nun. But there is none provided for other "special letters",
plus I would suspect that the LC has more than just the few that the WLC
has marked. Hence my inquiry into a listing. Since the text has been
around for such a long time, I am hoping that someone has cataloged them.

B"H
John Steven

"He who makes a mistake is still our friend; he who adds to or shortens
a melody is still our friend; but he who violates a rhythm unawares can
no longer be our friend."
-Ishaq Ibn Ibrahim 767-850 CE.

"If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you
behave."
-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"The difference between the intelligent man and the simpleton is not the
correctness of their decisions, but rather the cunning sinner can more
skillfully defend and justify his iniquity."
- Rabbi Tovia Singer