[b-hebrew] Trope Names

Brak Brak at neo.rr.com
Wed Dec 24 18:45:13 EST 2008

I am wondering, what is the standard/official names for the various
tropes. I ask because I have seen different names for the same symbol,
as well as MANY different ways to transliterate the names into English.

So I was wondering if there is an official list somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

--

B"H
John Steven

"He who makes a mistake is still our friend; he who adds to or shortens
a melody is still our friend; but he who violates a rhythm unawares can
no longer be our friend."
-Ishaq Ibn Ibrahim 767-850 CE.

"If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you
behave."
-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"The difference between the intelligent man and the simpleton is not the
correctness of their decisions, but rather the cunning sinner can more
skillfully defend and justify his iniquity."
- Rabbi Tovia Singer