[b-hebrew] Daniel 9:24-27

TedBro at aol.com TedBro at aol.com
Sun Dec 21 08:48:15 EST 2008

Hi, All:

For some reason I did not received the first posting of this thread. Could
someone either repost or send it directly to me?

Accordingly I did not grasp the thesis. What is being proposed regarding  the
redating of Daniel? Is the proposal Christological, e.g. applying a day  for
a year and interpreting the 70 weeks (=490 years) as beginning in 455 BCE  and
ending in the first century CE? Or is a Persian era interpretation being
offered?

I'm not sure of exactly what is being said about the two lunar eclipses,  but
if this reading of the text is certain, then it is very good evidence to peg
the dates for Artaxerxes. One caution is to actually double check directly
with  astronomers as to the actual occurrence of such a dual eclipse. I have
seen some  very poor scholarship when one antiquarian relies on the statements
of another, but fails to get a real astrophysicist to weigh in.

Peace,
Ted Brownsteiin

In a message dated 12/21/2008 3:28:51 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,