[b-hebrew] Meteg and Shva Na/Nah

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 15:26:41 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:46 PM, David Hamuel wrote:

>> An interesting issue regarding the darga/merkha exchange before tabir...
>
> Good Morning... :^) :D
>
> See:
>
> 1. The Masora: vav zugin min bet bet  mithalfin ba'inyan.
>  Prof. Dotan + Wickes about vav zugin [6 pairs].

Dear David,

Could you please quote in full the Masora comment,
preferably with a list of the six pairs, as well as its
relevance to the issue at hand?

As for Gen 34:11, do you have any example of
dependable Tiberian vocalization that has darga?
For example, I understand that Breuer does not list
this verse in his list of variants, suggesting that the
vocalization he employs (merkha) is consistent in
all of them.

Yitzhak Sapir