[b-hebrew] Hebrew on Ubuntu

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:16:20 EST 2008

B-Hebrew friends:

As you all know, I am a long time Mac user, which for the most part just
works. As long as I stick to unpointed Hebrew (my usual mode), I have no
problem.

However, I recently got an Acer Aspire One mini-laptop running Ubuntu. It´s
great to have a tiny computer that is full functioned yet fits under my arm
in a bag under my jacket about the same size and shape as a concealed
weapon, where I can be active yet forget that it´s there. I installed a
package that allows input for CJK languages, which works, but when I tried
to install a package to input Hebrew, it doesn´t work. It doesn´t even show
up. Any clues what to do?

Some people (including workers at a Macintosh store) told me I should ditch
Ubuntu and install a hacked version of the OS-X. I´m tempted, but would
prefer to go the legal route if I can.

Karl W. Randolph.