[b-hebrew] Meteg and Shva Na/Nah

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 13:58:53 EST 2008

For another view on this controversy:

I´m a little amused at the amount of electronic ink metaphorically spilled
in this discussion, of a symbol that does not appear on my computer when I
read Tanakh. Please don´t take it personally, as in this message I have no
intention to single out any individual, rather this is an example of how
grmmarians love to wax long on minutiae, while in the bigger picture of the
language, this was added long after Biblical Hebrew ceased to be spoken and
is sometimes wrong.

Carry on, this is just a comment from the peanut gallery.

Karl W. Randolph.