[b-hebrew] Need Help With Trope Identification

Brak Brak at neo.rr.com
Thu Dec 11 17:17:19 EST 2008

I am working with a text from the 1500s. The typeset that is use has a
glyph for a trope that I can not identify.
Hopefully someone on the forum her can identify it for me. I have
included two scanned images with the glyphs in questioned circled.

As you can see it is frequently used.

Thanks in advance.

--

B"H
John Steven

"He who makes a mistake is still our friend; he who adds to or shortens
a melody is still our friend; but he who violates a rhythm unawares can
no longer be our friend."
-Ishaq Ibn Ibrahim 767-850 CE.

"If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you
behave."
-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"The difference between the intelligent man and the simpleton is not the
correctness of their decisions, but rather the cunning sinner can more
skillfully defend and justify his iniquity."
- Rabbi Tovia Singer