[b-hebrew] Recommend Dictionary and a Question

dwashbur at nyx.net dwashbur at nyx.net
Wed Dec 10 12:12:35 EST 2008

On 9 Dec 2008 at 21:55, Bryant J. Williams III wrote:

> Dear Mary,
>
> I would highly recommend (TWOT) ***Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament,***
> Edited by R. Laird Harris, Gleason L. Archer, Jr., and Bruce K. Waltke, 2
> Volumes, Chicago: The Moody Bible Institute of Chicago, 1980.
> Dewey Number: 220.4'4'0321
> Library of Congress: BS440.T49
> ISBN: 0-8024-8631-2 (set)

Yes, it's an excellent set.  The only problem is, it doesn't include all the words in biblical
Hebrew so it's more of an exegetical dictionary than a reading one.  I can also recommend it,
but you'll need to supplement it with something like Holladay's lexicon (which I use
constantly) for straight reading.

Dave Washburn