[b-hebrew] The Meaning of the Name "Bera", Ruler of Sodom

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:37:30 EST 2008

Jim:

There´s one thing I forgot to say after thinking of it a couple of times:

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:25 PM, <JimStinehart at aol.com> wrote:

> Karl:
>
> 1.  You wrote:  "Where do you get the silly idea that his [Bera's] name
> meant "in evil"?"
>
> I don't know why you characterize that traditional view as being "silly".
>
> You make the assumption that Bera is a Hebrew name. That is an assumption
that is logically not allowed. As a possible different language, it is
possible that it has a completely different meaning than what it appears to
have from a Hebrew standpoint.

From this standpoint, it is silly to insist that the name means ¨in evil¨
when we don´t know what language it is.

> Jim Stinehart
> Evanston, Illinois

What are your qualifications? Do you have any schooling? Or is it your lack
of schooling or other studies, even self study, the thing that you are
hiding by refusing to answer this question?

Karl W. Randolph.