[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53:2

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:42:06 EST 2008

Kenneth:

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM, kenneth greifer <greifer at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Karl, I think your translation of Isaiah 53:2 is similar to the ones I see
> in most books, but you have to believe that the word "sucker" or "young
> tree" can be masculine, but usually the word is feminine,

How so? In the grammatical construct of the sentence, how does it make a
difference if it is masculine of feminine? There is no verb nor adjective
that needs to conjugate to it.

> Kenneth Greifer

On the rest of the sentence, I think that the final clause is the measure of
all that goes before it. ¨...he had no form nor grandeur ... that we should
covet him.¨ likewise ...we saw him, that he had no looks that we should
covet him.¨ It´s not that he had no form at all, rather the form he had was
nothing special.

Within the context, it makes perfect sense as written.

Karl W. Randolph.