[b-hebrew] Linguistic, historical, cultural origins of yahweh

Guy Zed atdgz at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 14:10:00 EST 2008

To Uri and the other respondents-- Thank you!

While it looks as a whole lot of resources if not suggested research I am wondering whether those who suggested books could also direct me to the ones that deal more with the very origin of the name.

To my understanding there is less than a handful of references to the name in extra-biblical sources  in the late bronze age or  Iron Age. I wonder also whether it bears any characteristics that would associate it with a semitic language.

Does any of the suggested books touch on those issues?

Gad Zack