[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53:2 different letter division idea

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 13:23:13 EST 2008

Sometimes I like to see if quotes make sense if the letters in Hebrew were divided a little differently.

Maybe Isaiah 53:2 could say "and rose up like mud (wet soil) (yud vav nun) the announcement (koof vav lamed as koof lamed) of his presence, and like a root from dry ground no form is to it and no glory (no adornment), we saw him and not an image, and we desired him."

This is a wild guess, but wet soil and dry ground in the quote sound related kind of, and the usual translation does not explain why he did not have a form, but mud would not have a form.

Kenneth Greifer