[b-hebrew] elephants or ivory

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 23:19:38 EDT 2008

What I noticed is that "gold and silver" are nouns that do not take plurals,
then they are followed by nouns that are in plural. Thus I see a linguistic
difference between the types of nouns used.
I just checked the LXX, and its translations are "stones engraved and hewn"
in 1 Kings 10:22, and "elephants' teeth and apes" in 2 Chronicles 9:21.

As I said before, we are not even sure what the words mean, let alone try to
explain how they all fit together.

Karl W. Randolph.

Ps: they could be tamed animals