[b-hebrew] honor and shame in Bible

Kevin W. Woodruff cierpke at prodigy.net
Tue Aug 19 14:36:52 EDT 2008

Kenneth:

  A good reference book that may help you understand the honor/shmae dynamic and how it helps with biblical interpretation is:

  Desilva, David A. Honor, Patronage, Kinship & Purity: Unlocking New Testament Culture. Downers Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 2000. ISBN 0830815724, 9780830815722

  Kevin

kenneth greifer <greifer at hotmail.com> wrote:

I have heard people say that you can't understand the Bible unless you understand honor and shame during those times. I have read a little about the subject, but I don't know how important it really was. Can anyone tell me if honor and shame are really that important to understanding the Bible?

Kenneth Greifer