[b-hebrew] Academic Debate

belaga at math.u-strasbg.fr belaga at math.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Oct 31 05:11:47 EDT 2007

<Now, back to the Hebrew action!

<Best Regards,

<GEORGE ATHAS

My work on the number Pi in the Bible has been based on the rabbinical
tradition of reading into the discrepancy Ksiva and Kria in Biblical
Hebrew, and my work on the Biblical rib has been facing the inability
of English to translate the semantically rich ZELA otherwise than Rib
(French is slightly better in this case): a typical phenomenon in
translations which often distort the deep meaning of the Bible.

Edward G. Belaga
Institut de Recherche en Mathématique Avancée
Universite Louis Pasteur
7, rue René Descartes, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, FRANCE
tel.: 333 90 24 02 35, FAX: 333 90 24 03 28
e-mail : edward.belaga at math.u-strasbg.fr