[b-hebrew] Academic Debate"

dwashbur at nyx.net dwashbur at nyx.net
Tue Oct 30 02:40:23 EDT 2007

On 30 Oct 2007 at 8:22, Yigal Levin wrote in part:

>Since none of us have yet recieved direct prophecy from God, we
> cannot "take on faith" that the authors of the Bible did either.

This is perhaps the biggest fallacy of all in "modern" scholarship.  "It hasn't happened to me
or anyone I know, therefore it doesn't happen."  Yes, I know I'm simplifying, but that's the
essence of the argument.  And it's nothing but a cop-out.

Dave Washburn
Why do it right when you can do it again?