[b-hebrew] Gen 1:24 - holem waw

Charles Grebe cgrebe at briercrest.ca
Mon Oct 29 18:06:36 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a quick question about the phrase WXYTWo-)RC in Genesis 1:24. I'm
not sure what to do with the holem waw. It appears to be a pronominal
suffix on the noun "chaya" which is part of a construct chain with
"eretz." Can you have a pronominal suffix in the middle of a contruct
chain like this? If so, or if not for that matter, how would you
translate this?

Thanks,
Charles Grebe
Briercrest Distance Learning

Invite the next generation of students to consider Briercrest College and Seminary. Visit www.briercrest.ca/refer.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, or distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or authorized to receive the information from the recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.