[b-hebrew] 6-Month "Year" vs. Biblical Hebrew

George Athas george.athas at moore.edu.au
Thu Oct 25 20:19:32 EDT 2007

Again, Jim, it's an interesting take on things, but I just don't find
it convincing. Call me pig-headed if you like, but I just don't see
the necessity for saying there is something like a six-month year in
Genesis. And I doubt that you'll convince many people of this view.

Incidentally, the phrase 'two years of days' sounds weird in English
lingo, but it really does not sound all that strange in Hebrew. It has
the rhetorical effect of portraying the two years as a long time when,
in other contexts, two years might be considered a very short space of
time. It's a narrative device, that's all.

So, I still don't buy your theory.

Best Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Moore Theological College (Sydney)