[b-hebrew] 6-Month "Year" or a na'ar by any other name would smell like feet?

Russ Bellon russbellon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:03:36 EDT 2007

Pharoah's Cup bearer would have spoken in Eqyptian. Whatever Egyptian word
was used would have had its own subtle connotative distinctions. We can
assume that some shade of meaning overlapped with the Hebrew word used to
record the conversation but beyond that arguing the distinctions unique to
na'ar is not going to prove your theory.