[b-hebrew] collecting myrrh and honey

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 22:52:25 EDT 2007

On 10/24/07, K Randolph wrote:

> > But that is only a "feeling". Perhaps a feeling enforced by many years
> > of carefully reading the bible over and over, with sensitivity to the
> > hebrew words,
> > but still only a feeling.
> >
> In Hebrew, or in English?

Hi Karl,

Where does Yaakov mention English?  He specifically notes "sensitivity
to the Hebrew words."

Your pretension to understand "Biblical Hebrew" well notwithstanding,
whether it is objectively true or not, you should take into account that a
Israeli high school student can probably read the Bible in non-vocalized
form just as well as you if not better (and even much better).  Similarly,
I don't think you are in a position to judge your reading of the Bible as
against the amount and quality of reading that others on the list do.

Yitzhak Sapir