[b-hebrew] paleo Hebrew / modern Hebrew

Entertainment Direct jeanamodea at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 24 19:39:52 EDT 2007

Hello -
I am wondering when the paleo Hebrew (Old Phoenician) script was abandoned for the more squared
precursor of modern Hebrew. Was it after the Babylonian exile upon the return of the captive Jews to Israel?

I am working on a project translating (for lack of a better word) the modern Hebrew biblical text of Genesis into paleo Hebrew (minus the extra final letters)  then assigning a musical note to each paleo letter.I create a lead sheet from the Genesis verses.

I then have a conductor compose full orchestration and music arrangements for 7 parts, add rhythm and other sounds to the biblically composed melody. The result is a aural representation of the Word of .YHWH.

Thanks for your time.
Jean Amodea

Jean Amodea | Executive Director | Entertainment Direct
M. 239.273.1547 | O. 239.514.7328 | F. 239.514.2819
entdirect at earthlink.net
Entertainment Direct | 4102 Covey Run | Naples, Florida 34109
a division of Peter Duchin Music of Naples, LLC

a full service event mangagement & entertainment resource company
25 years experience in the music industry

www.entertainmentdirect.org
www.firstcallband.net