[b-hebrew] Gezer Calendar

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:13:06 EDT 2007

Dr. Joel is right.

When looking at a photo of the "calendar", one can see that there are
no division markers between words except for two lines before "month".
Further, it is widely recognized that this was written by a child,
possibly as young as six or seven, who may not have had a perfect
command of Biblical Hebrew.

In view of the above, are the waws unattested elsewhere dual markers,
or attested elsewhere prefixed "and"s which would better be translated
in English as "that there is"?

Karl W. Randolph.