[b-hebrew] lifespans in the Bible

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Tue Oct 23 21:45:51 EDT 2007

"VeHayu" - past tense - where the yud is punctuated twice - once with
the vav + dagesh ("ooh") sound PLUS a shva underneath it - to really
mean what will happen in the future.  Ie:  in the past, G-d already
knew that in the future He would have to "revamp" the human race.

Shoshanna

Dear Shoshanna,

Thanks for your comments here. I will have to check more into this.
It is interesting to note how many people recently have lived past 110
+ years.

Could you please specify what is the irregular form of the past tense.

Calvin Lindstrom