[b-hebrew] Two X letters

Kevin Riley klriley at alphalink.com.au
Tue Oct 23 20:57:39 EDT 2007

Isaac

The claim is that the Hebrew X represents two sounds, not that two letters
merged in Hebrew.  It is believed by most Semiticists, so I am surprised you
don't consider it worth considering.  But, that is your choice - you are
free to believe whatever you want to.  I am curious, however, as to what you
would replace observation with as a tool - surely you would not support
theoretical speculation without any observed evidence?

Kevin