[b-hebrew] lifespans in the Bible

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Tue Oct 23 19:07:50 EDT 2007

No, 120 years is what G-d said He would reduce lifespans to.  So it
is the norm, not border between superlong and normal.  I would say
that it is due to bad conditions, inner and outer, that we don't
"normally" live that long today.  But today is only temporary until
the rectification of the World which G-d promised to us.

Shoshanna

I've been away for a while, so maybe someone has already pointed this
out (and it's a bit off-topic): there are three life-span eras in the
Bible:

1.  Up to Abraham.  People live many hundreds of years.

2.  From Abraham to Moses.  People live a few hundred years.

3.  From Moses on.  People live "normal" lifespans.

Moses, at 120, seems right on the border between superlong lifespans
and normal lifespans.

I don't think this is an accident.

-Joel

Joel M. Hoffman, PhD