[b-hebrew] Interchangeable Letters

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Tue Oct 23 15:37:14 EDT 2007

Jim,

The root SRX means 'sprawl'. This, in my estimation, is also the
basic meaning of the kindred root SRK [and many more such as ZRX,
YRX, CRX, etc. etc.]. So the SARKIN of Daniel 6:3 are the people
arrayed [sprawled] by the king. In this sense SARAK is an extension
of SAR, 'prince', a person in the entourage of the king.
The word SAR [with sin] is a variant of DAR, ZAR, SAR, CAR, TAR.

Isaac Fried, Boston University