[b-hebrew] Genesis 20: 1

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Fri Oct 19 00:11:18 EDT 2007

Dear Jim,

I do appreciate your tenacity in defending your position regarding this verse,
but you have not proven your case.

Regarding Isaac's birth.

1)    Genesis 15 is quite clear that a child from Abram's (Abraham's) own body
will be born (vss. 1-6).

2)    Genesis 17:15-21 is quite clear that Sarah would bear a son that is from
Abraham.
        a)    Abraham laughs at the idea that he would be able to father a child
at 100 yrs of age and Sarah give birth to a child at 90 yrs of age.
        b)    His name shall be called Isaac due Abraham laughing.
        c)    Ishmael is clearly rejected as the "son" to be the heir in which
covenant of circumcision is a sign between Abraham and God contrary to a certain
religious movement's claim.
        d)    Ishmael will still be blessed, but Isaac will be the "Son of the
Promise."

3)    Genesis 18:9-15 repeats the promise of God who is speaking to Sarah
through Abraham.

4)    Genesis 21:1-7 is quite clear as to the role of Abraham with regards to
the naming of the child born to Sarah, that is ISAAC (YITZHAK).

5)    Genesis 15:6, "And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for
righteousness."

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III